Sunday, November 28, 2010

dreading Christmas

I no longer work retail (altho my memories of six years of World Bazaar at Rivergate mall are among the best I have), but the whole season from Thanksgiving till New Year's puts me off.  If it were up to me I'd morph into a black bear and crawl in a cave to cuddle with my clan until the whole bloody affair was over.  Since the kiddos came, I have to fake it to a degree that I never thought possible. The cheeriness of it is what makes me want to be whack people over the head.

The only highlights for me are Charlie Brown Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life & the hope of new books.  This year I hope I get to go back to work sooner rather than later so the kids can have a Christmas that doesn't leave them thinking Santa is a cheapskate.  Riley figured out the Santa scam w/out us having to spell it out.  He said, "It just didn't make logical sense."  He is so my son.

Little girl keeps changing her mind, but I think I'm gonna get her one of those Barbie heads whose hair you can fix and tart up w/little girl make up.  Brendan is the so easy...light sabers and anything Star Wars related.  His birthday is right b'f Christmas, so I hope that he gets two good days.  A lottery win would help. 

We watched a great film called "Five Minutes of Heaven" with Liam N.  Paul watched "Good Will Hunting" for the first time and was very disappointed that he wasn't a savant with limited mental capacities...today--I want to watch a film called "Strangers in Good Company."

Later alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment