Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Impressions: How I Read My Husband When He Was Just Someone Who Got My Attention

decidedly unaware
of the everywhere but here
but always frenetically responsive
hard
in will and wand
not without mercy,
just terribly insistent
even his walk
suggests intent--
hands wrestling with
the bottom of pockets
for change
that may or may not be
urgent enough
to hold onto to.
____________________________________________________________________________________

pinned back, ready to leap
a passing cloud says
destruction is creation--
I am justifying
gasping at a two hundred and ninety dollar gas bill
bumbling through our midday exchange
whispering that I want more
shouting "Peace Be With You," in a room padded with promise
singing a refrain that sustains the glory
of what I want to give him

No comments:

Post a Comment