- must be willing to get together at least twice a month
- must be willing to provide space to gather and be loud
- must play more than guitar, bass and drums or know other musicians who might be able to add a horn here and there...or a stand up Bass
- must not mind cursing and/or lewd humor
- must know someone who plays a fiddle
- must not be too drunk to make music
- must magically appear and fit nicely into my already precarious schedule
- Can't Let Go by Lucinda Williams
- Trouble In Mind--so many versions...all good
- Theme Song from The Wire--don't matter which Season's version
- Jesus by Amos Lee (takin' it to church)
- Ball and Biscuit by The White Stripes (takin' it to a different kind of church)
- Angel From Montgomery--John Prine, I love you.
- Workin' on a Buildin'--thanks Bill Monroe!
- It Ain't You by The Squirrel Nut Zippers
- Rainbow by Jack Johnson
- Country Version of Do Right Woman, Do Right Man by the Queen
- Don't Go Borrowin' Trouble by Elizabeth Cook
- Any track from Patty Griffin's Living With Ghosts CD
- Almost anything by Loretta Lynn
- I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt
- Jackson by Lucinda Williams
How come I live in Music City and can't seem to get it together enough to make any music? It is a lot tougher when you have little kids and jobs and husbands you actually want to see...how can I make more time? When do I get my flying car? Where is our free and easy energy source? Can we channel the egos of the world that are out of control into some sort of device that will power new vehicles? Can we then jump ahead to when people regularly job-share and have a pub culture like in Ireland? **Stomps feet, crosses arms and scowls like a Toddler**
Sorry dear Readers...I've gone all Veruca Salt on you...but since I'm inflated by my own narcissistic desires in this fleeting moment...let's get it all out...