Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today is officially STAR WARS EVERYTHING DAY

Not only is the 3rd installment of Robot Chicken's brilliant adaptation coming up, but my baby is turning 3.  We have so many gaudy decorations to hang, cakes to pick up and many things to make habitable for friends and family--almost all of it with the glow of light sabers.  Going to Wal-Mart is really the buzzkill of the whole day.  I truly hate it--just too much of everything.

Although I think the winner for worst occurrence of the day is that  my oldest woke up during the night w/fever, wheezing, coughing and white as a Ghost.  He is sequestered to his room and is devastated to miss the party.  We are coating the house in Lysol and have a mask for him to wear so he can watch the wee one open presents.  He is heartbroken and I feel so bad for him.  We are allowing crazy amounts of PSP time (in one hour batches) to help ease his pain and being a leper.

Some friends and I started a group on FB called "Mothers Who Are Hated By Other Mothers."  It struck me that we all do it...judge w/out cause to, hate on mothers who do or don't do things that we think are acceptable.  Maybe the group we have us all come this conclusion on my own.   For example, my friend Lynn wrote that she gets judged b'c for her own reasons she home schools her children.  Immediately I remembered various disparaging comments I've made over the years about home schooled kids and felt horrible about how quick I was to pounce and claim some sort of "superiority."  I won't do it again.  Parents have the toughest job in the world and most, (def not all) are doing the best they can with what they have on hand...we should all be more generous.  I'm gonna try anyway...

And to close up with the theme of the day....from Master Yoda himself:

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment